- Support our finance team with global operations
- Great opportunity to learn and advance your career!
- Modern offices in CBD with flexibility
9Spokes is a powerful business ecosystem with global scale. It offers modern businesses a management app that brings meaningful data together across a business, its apps and banks. Think of 9Spokes as a virtual advisor, here to motivate and guide businesses so they not only survive, but grow and thrive.
We are seeking a Financial Accountant to provide assistance to the Finance Manager supporting global operations, through day-to-day transactional processing, month end close and financial statement preparation. In addition, the role will include ad-hoc financial project work. We will support the right person to fill in any knowledge gaps you may have.
- Responsible for month end closing including balance sheet reconciliations and variance analysis
- Preparation of monthly reporting for board and management
- Review and monitoring of expenses identifying and reporting month on month variances
- Management of bank accounts and treasury management including review of all group bank accounts
- Daily bank and credit card reconciliations for global operations using Xero reconciliation process
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly cash flow workings
- Budget and forecasting maintenance
- Assistance with preparation of year end work papers for audit purposes, if you have limited IFRS knowledge this will be an area of learning
- Management of creditors, ensuring timely recording of all invoices in the system and processing of payments
- Monitoring of proper coding of all transactions in Xero, ensuring compliance with local tax rules and regulations
- Processing of staff expense claims
- Assistance with preparation of grant applications, according to the funding agreement rules and specifications
- Ensuring compliance to groups authorisation policies during the above tasks
- Payroll checks and processing
- Compile information for income tax, GST and FBT returns and assist in the completion of these tax returns
- Assistance with ad hoc administrative tasks as required.
Note; we are a listed Company, therefore are regularly audited and adhere to strict compliance and regulations - monitoring and adhering to approvals and policies is essential.
Required Skills / Experience
- Previous experience as an Accountant
- Knowledge of financial systems and processes
- Xero / ApprovalMax / Expensify experience preferred
- Good understanding of processes and accounting controls
- Knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Understanding of group accounting and FOREX
- Intermediate/advanced skills with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- CA/CPA qualification preferred (can be supported in this role if not yet completed)
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant finance qualification.
In this role you will be expected to be a key support for the Finance Manager. Given the small size of the team, you will need to be a flexible team player, as well work independently and without supervision. You will be prepared to up-skill and take on more accounting duties to grow your capability in the role!
9Spokes values driven individuals capable of producing outcomes, but who also enjoy opportunities to think and solve issues creatively. This is a hands on role in a dynamic, exciting and well-funded global early-tech business. The successful candidate should be confident with excellent communication skills and comfortable operating with multiple hats and working in a fast paced, fun environment.
If you have the relevant skills and experience, are passionate and are eager to learn more apply now as we're keen to get you started ASAP!