This role would suit a Systems Engineer looking for an opportunity to grow into DevOps.
- Work for a software company with Kubernetes, Azure, Microservices & Container technology
- Opportunity to learn and grow your career with a pathway to DevOpsSec
- Flexibility with 2-3 days in the CBD with remote working!
9Spokes is a powerful business ecosystem with global scale. It offers modern businesses a management app that brings meaningful data together across a business, its apps and banks. Think of 9Spokes as a virtual advisor, here to motivate and guide businesses so they not only survive, but grow and thrive.
We are seeking an Engineer, ready to grow their career in DevOps, to connect the live operation with scrum teams to quickly resolve customers problems and scrum team impediments. Reporting to the Lead DevOps Engineer this role is hands-on with responsibility for deploying product updates, identifying production issues and implementing solutions, maintaining integration to third party applications and working with our agile scrum team to help resolve infrastructure problems. A key to success is your ability to work problems through to solution and connecting the right people so we can deliver a product that our customers love in a complex and fast-moving environment.
This role supports a true world-leading technology product during a high-growth phase and the right candidate should not be afraid of getting stuck in! Attitude is everything, and we are looking for someone who is ready to be up-skilled and developed. Working as part of a team of cross-functional peers, this role will participate in live operation as well as agile development practices for delivering outcomes in alignment to the company strategy.
- Primarily you will support internal 9Spokes users with new user onboarding including laptop set-up and admin
- Provide DevSecOps support, including resolution of platform incidents in environments supported by the DevSecOps team
- Adhere to response time and resolution time SLOs for our Enterprise customers
- Partake in fortnightly product releases including product updates and bug fixes
- Maintain and improve our CI/CD automation capabilities with the intent to reduce manual work and human error
- Provide Level 2 technical support for 9Spokes products by troubleshooting and identifying problems
- Develop scripts and leverage existing tools to detect, triage, and mitigate ongoing platform errors
- Design and improve procedures promoting best practice across the teams for your area of expertise
- Operate in in Agile SCRUM ceremonies including daily team stand-ups, Sprint planning sessions, and demonstrations.
- Evolve and document operational procedures in the team Wiki using Markdown
- Maintain our application and infrastructure security scanning framework and respond to detected CVEs.
As a successful engineer you will have a strong service focus and know what good looks like! You will be a self-starter and be confident managing your own workload with an excellent ability to prioritise. You will demonstrate some experience or knowledge across the following areas:
- Experience with desktop support
- Demonstrable experience supporting Enterprise applications with tight SLAs
- Experience working with Azure Cloud including the ability to deploy workloads automatically
- Knowledge of Docker, this includes building, deploying, and running containers using any orchestration tool
- Experience working with Kubernetes on any platform is an important asset. AKS knowledge is a major asset
- Adopting Infrastructure as code tools and methodologies is a big plus
- Experience or knowledge of Kubernetes application package management tools (e.g. helm)
- Comfortable working knowledge of Git and GitOps is a major asset. All our changes are performed by version control
- Understanding of continuous integration, continuous deployment, and continuous delivery is crucial
- Knowledge of any programming or scripting language is required - we automate everything
- Strong Linux experience is advantageous - the ability to read, analyse and understand Linux system logs is important
- Reasonable understanding of security, networking, infrastructure, and operating systems
- Understanding of Agile software development methodologies will help you flourish in this role
- Ability to drive technical excellence, pushing innovation and quality.
Nice to have
- Previous experience working with MongoDB, RabbitMQ, or Redis is a great bonus
- Exposure to the SaaS domain would be considered a significant advantage.
9Spokes values driven individuals capable of producing outcomes, but who also enjoy opportunities to think and solve issues creatively. This is a hands on role in a dynamic and exciting global early-tech business. The successful candidate should be a confident team player with excellent communication skills and comfortable operating with multiple hats and working in a fast paced company.
If you have the relevant skills and experience, are passionate and are eager to learn more apply now as we're keen to get you started ASAP!
To apply for this role you must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand.